Today, Samsung Group is one of the largest industrial concerns in the world. Samsung’s main slogan is: “Imagine the Possibilities”.
From a small export company in almost 80 years of its existence, Samsung has turned into a giant specializing in modern electronics, automotive, construction, the chemical industry, and much more.
Today, Samsung is an innovative company whose products are recognized worldwide, from European countries to the United States.
The main activities of the Samsung concern
More than 70% of Samsung's sales come from the electronics industry.
This division includes such companies:
- Samsung Electronics;
- Samsung SDI;
- Samsung SDS;
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics;
- Samsung Networks.
Electronic industry divisions produce RAM, HDDs, TVs, monitors, equipment for IP-telephony, mobile phones, laptops, multifunction devices, printers, household appliances, and many other goods.
Insurance, finance and credit are also one of the priority areas for the company. The financial sector of the concern includes six companies:
- Samsung Life Insurance. (the company is engaged in insurance, financial consulting and lending);
- Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance (it is a property insurance company);
- Credit organization Samsung Card(various kinds of credit services such as bank credit);
- Samsung Securities Investment Bank;
- Samsung Investment Trust Management (the company is engaged in investment management in Korea);
- Investment company Samsung Venture Investment.
The financial division brings the company about $42 billion per year.
The company Samsung Engineering is engaged in construction. This industry brings Samsung about $2 billion a year. The division builds offices and factories for the Samsung Group around the world, and also designs various buildings.
Among the structures designed by Samsung Engineering, the most striking are:
- Samsung Group headquarters building in Seoul.
- The tallest building in the world - the Burj Khalifa in the United Arab Emirates.
- Petronas Towers in the capital of Malaysia Kuala Lumpur.
- Taipei 101 in Taiwan.
Samsung also has established itself in the field of heavy and chemical industries.
Reasons for the popularity of the Samsung brand
Currently, the company has offices in more than 60 countries. Samsung has manufacturing facilities in Portugal, Mexico, Hungary, China and Thailand, and the South Korean city of Suwon, where the company’s headquarters are located, has long been unofficially called Samsung City.
Samsung Electronics went through a very large number of difficulties on the way of its development, but its history is a direct confirmation that enterprise, initiative, and belief in success are capable of making miracles.
In addition to its direct activities, in our time, the Korean giant makes considerable efforts to change and improve the world, protecting the environment, supporting culture and sports, and developing social programs.